Technology is advancing faster than ever before, which can be challenging and sometimes daunting. You can’t stop it, but you can accept it and benefit from it. Those who quickly and easily adapt to change and embrace new technology reap the rewards of finding creative ways to make their products stand out and distance themselves from their competitors. One way to achieve this is through the modernization of your control system. We’re highlighting the example of migrating to Rockwell Automation’s ControlLogix platform.
What Does This Mean for you?
The purpose of the “End-of-Life” designation for SLC and PLC-5 products is to help you plan and prepare for product migration/modernization to Rockwell’s ControLogix platform, which offers even greater functionality and benefits.
How Can ControlLogix Affect Your Facility?
The ControlLogix platform will allow you to join your production disciplines into an integrated plant-wide architecture, which helps eliminate the need for multiple discrete control systems. It offers one network infrastructure, with a common control engine and a single development environment for every application.
What are the Benefits of a New Control System?
- Increase flexibility with new open architecture
- Reduce development time and costs through re-use of engineering practices
- Maximize returns on existing assets through improved control and monitoring
- Increase access to plant and production information
- One programming environment for discrete, motion, process, drive, batch, and safety control
- Increase efficiency
- Maximize productivity
- Improve equipment utilization and manufacturing performance
- Increase data availability and security
- Increase production flexibility and quality
- Use leading-edge technologies to gain competitive advantage and/or global presence
- Reduce operation and maintenance costs, as well as downtime
- Simplify functionality and systems
- Achieve regulatory compliance
If you are unsure of your product’s status, visit the Product Lifecycle website for detailed lifecycle status information: http://www.rockwellautomation.com/go/lifecycle